Sunday, March 6, 2011

DECORATING A TABLE

No matter what event you have planned - wedding reception, romantic dinner for two, company coming, or holiday get together - a beautiful table is always a welcomed site.

As a wedding and event planner, as well as a floral designer, the design & decor of the tables is something I enjoy. Planning the color combinations, linens to be used, centerpieces, and even how the napkins will be folded is so energizing.


Color sets the tone for tablescapes, and can be achieved in different ways - linens, flowers, vases, candles, an more! Play around with different looks, you will be surprised what goes with what. I love to add touches from the past to some of my tables, such as old vases, picture frames, etc. Always use your imagination!


Fresh flowers always add that something extra to a table. The containers you use for your arrangements can be something as simple as a clear glass vase, or as elaborate as a crystal vase. I like to use colored ceramic cubes to help set the theme. My favorite containers are some of the old pewter and silver items I have found in flea markets or antique shops. Love them!!!!!! And they add so much to any table!


Think out of the box! You will be surprised what you come up with......

Another item I get really thrilled with when planning a table, is how will I fold the napkins! I really get tired of seeing them stuffed in glasses, or rolled beside the plate! Folding them does take some time and imagination. But they look so good when done and accented with a flower! You will notice in this picture below I have inserted pink roses in the napkin to make the color pop! This table was done in silver and pinks!


I love to add lots of color to some events, and this purple and lavender event was so beautiful! As you see below in the picture it simply says - beautiful and elegant!


Checking the current color trends is a good way to pick colors for your tables! Pantene always has the current color trends for the seasons shown on their site! Visit it often for ideas!


Another way to add some interest on your table is with the use of fruits as your centerpiece. I have take a clear vase and placed green apples in it for a different look. Using some vines around it, I have also placed green apples on it! Simple and classy!


Another idea using one of my unique old vases! The linens are champagne and brown!

One of my all time favorites is the table below - simple and very elegant all in one!!!


Fall wedding receptions and events are interesting, the colors are beautiful and many items can be used to compliment the table - gourds, pumpkins, fall foliage, and more! Worth trying!


These are just a few of the tables that have been done by Unique & Yours events! More to come, so check back often! Working on some new ideas, color combinations and floral arrangements.

No comments:

Post a Comment