Friday, September 16, 2011

A WEDDING WISH FOR SARAH

As I look back on my recent years at the University of Missouri - Columbia, I always go back to the wonderful times I had with so many of the young students. I was the "old" one! But they seemed to be ok with "Mom" as they graciously called me, and still do!


Overview of the beautiful campus of the University of Missouri - Columbia

Each one of them touched my life in ways they will never know! They helped me through some tough times, and celebrated the good times. I want to take some time in this blog and look at one of my "daughters" at Mizzou. And their are more that I will feature soon! So watch out girls - you know who you are!!!

A new life will begin soon for "daughter" Sarah - she is venturing out! Marriage, honeymoon, military wife! Quite a task ahead of her! She is ready to handle it all!!!! Her parents have raised her well. She is a high achiever, an adventurer, and one of the sweetest people you will ever meet! She is loving, kind and a true friend.


Sarah and I met at the University of Missouri where we both were in classes together. A degree in Parks, Recreation and Tourism was our goal! I had a sideline goal also to finish a Journalism Degree.I was the one home studying my heart out while the others took part in the celebrations of Thursday nights at MIZZOU, always visible on Friday morning classes! Sarah was a bubbly athletic sorority girl, and I was an old tired grandma. But her enthusiasm motivated me to continue on after the death of my youngest son during our fall semester in 2006. She is infectious and makes you want to sing!!! But that probably wouldn't be good for me to do, since my father use to pay me $10 not to sing Happy Birthday to him. I can sing the MIZZOU fight song though!!!

I know that probably the one thing that many of them remember about me was the time we were in Vessel's lecture class, and they were talking about "jello" shots. Thinking that no one would here me I asked "What are jello shots?" The room was dead silent, as if they were waiting for that. Just then from the back of the room I heard Professor Vessel say "Marilyn you don't know what jello shots are? Where have you been?" As I sunk into my seat the kids roared.....red wasn't the right description of my face! But they all promised to educate me on jello shots! College days...never know what you will learn in lecture class!

This is not about me, but about one of the sweetest young women I met at MIZZOU and a cherished friend and MU daughter. She will be starting her new life and venture in less than a month. She has found her Prince and is riding off to start a new life with him.

Butterfly House - St. Louis
Their special event will take place in St. Louis,Missouri at the beautiful Butterfly House! It is breathtaking! They will be exchanging vows in front of their families, and lots of friends! It will be an event to remember. She is going to be a beautiful bride, floating into the arms of her handsome Prince Charming! They will party the night away!


Butterfly House - St. Louis
Ceremony Area

Since their engagement took place on a vacation to Europe it is only right that they will spend three weeks traveling to the areas they love! Romania was a favorite of their, and the hundreds of pictures they took and posted made us all want to go there. Better check your luggage close, we may be hiding in there.


I think though if they could have they would have gotten married at Dracula's Castle - they fell in love with it and plan to revisit it on their honeymoon! While some prefer to lay on sandy beaches, this adventerous couple will spend time where romance began!



After their restful fun time on their honeymoon they will return to military life. The groom is a pilot for the U.S. Air Force. They will begin packing up their home for their reassignment in Okinawa. A transformation begins - college student to bride, bride to military spouse (officers) and it will continue! The world awaits you!

Your new life will be full of love and laughter. You have a man that adores you, and I know you love and adore him. Thank you for allowing me to be a small part of your life! And remember I am only an email away!!!

So my dear friend, I wanted to wish you the best, and to let you know just how much you are loved! You will be missed more than you know! You and the other "daughters" of MIZZOU are family to me! Each one of you has a special place in my heart! You are loved by this old grandma from MIZZOU!!!!

Always,

Your MU Mom - Marilyn

P.S. MU Dad - John wishes you the best and much love!

(I am wiping the tears!!!! Love you girl!!)


1 comment:

  1. Wow! It was a great post and I had a great time reading your post. I really like it and the photos was cool too. Big thanks for sharing.



    wholesale miskeen

    ReplyDelete